This website is a collection of valuable health education resources for:
- Individuals and families: To use helpful health resources and to learn about recovery using simple, engaging “tools” and health education resources
- Communities: To empower you toward healing and self-care, with traditional, plus holistic and natural health options
- Nursing or other health care professionals, including students, or faculty: To learn and teach with high quality presentations, handouts, and learning activities
- Accessing learning activities to increase awareness and skills such as the Trauma Recovery Webquest or the Webquest: Recognizing Mental Illness
- Showcasing Recovery Workbooks about pain, mental health, and other topics for sale on the Store page
- Offering a Coping and Relaxation Workbook that can be used free on the Recovery Resources page or in the online store.
- Finding links to alternative health information, and pro-life information such as nursesforlife.org
Browse the wide variety of resources on these webpages. When you use something, please give credit to the author and the website. I hope you also enjoy reading the blogs.
Health Vista, Inc. was created by Mary Knutson, RN, MSN, as a business and as a place to collect quality educational resources. In 2005, she completed a Masters degree of MSN-Nurse Educator. She obtained a Nursing Informatics Certificate in 2014.
Mary worked as a clinical instructor for nursing programs, in long-term care, community health, and other clinic and hospital roles. She also worked as a psychiatric nurse, a clinical research coordinator, a public health nurse, and other RN roles unrelated to this business or this project.
She is passionate about patient education, especially Recovery Education. More learning activities are being developed to be added to this website in the future.
For questions, comments, or consultation, please contact Mary.
- To develop and promote clear and practical health information for the healing of both body and mind.
- To empower individuals, families, health care systems, and communities to be healthier through education and support.