This Recovery Resources page includes many links and learning activities below:
There are also many valuable Recovery Education Lessons that have been moved to the RECOVERY EDUCATION webpage (so this webpage would not be as large). The lesson were well-received when used for use for patients in psychiatric care, and for mental health or general wellness.
You can find many of them by exploring the Recovery Education page. More will be added in the future. Recovery Education lessons are organized under 7 Elements of Recovery:
- Support/Managing Symptoms
- Finding Meaning
A few of the handouts and learning activities are posted on this website. Others will be added in the future.
A Free Recovery Workbook is available here:
Recovery Workbook: Coping and Relaxation Workbook
Coping and Relaxation Workbook [.pdf]
This workbook can be downloaded free and printed for you to use. It is an example of one of the Recovery Workbooks that are available in this website’s online store. The current topics and future topics will have similar formatting.
Recovery Education Discussion Handouts
Creating Change Worksheet (for Recovery Education Discussion) [pdf]
Discussion Guide: Ways to Create Change [pdf]
A Story of Change [pdf]
Engaging PowerPoints by Shari Cavadini RN:
Note: Some of documents are very large (1MB -15MB)
Breaking the Stigma of Mental Illness [.pptx] [.pdf]
Twelve Ways to Cope with the Holidays [.pptx] [.pdf]
How to Fight Depression and Improve Your Mood [.pptx] [.pdf]
Building Healthy Self Esteem [.pptx] [.pdf]
Medication Compliance [.pptx] [.pdf]
How to Communicate Better with Your Family [.pptx] [.pdf]
Teens Communicating with Parents [.pptx] [.pdf]
There are many resources for eliminating the stigma of mental illness from the National Consortium on Stigma and Empowerment (NCSE), and a Coming Out Proud manual [.pdf].
Other Resource Links: [these will take you to external Web links]
- How to cope with anxiety TEDx video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWloIAQpMcQ
- A great page about teen mental health at https://onlinesocialwork.case.edu/mental-health-education-for-teenagers/
- A guide for patients about Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation therapy at https://pulsetms.com/resources/what-is-tms/.
- Mesothelioma Cancer treatment information and resources * https://mesothelioma.net/treatment-for-mesothelioma/
- https://www.rehabnet.com helps Seniors with alcohol or drug rehab
- http://www.recovery.org connects people and their families with the information and resources to help them recover from substance abuse and behavioral disorders. It includes a blog and a pro corner with excellent articles.
- Go to http://www.csh.umn.edu for information at Center for Spirituality and Healing. Click on “Taking Charge of Your Health” to Create a Healthy Lifestyle, Learn to Navigate the Healthcare System or Explore Healing Practices.
- Go to http://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/wellbeing-model to explore your health & wellness.
- Good information for self-help and online communities for mental health
- Online screening test for personality types
- Life skills for Emotional Health and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) resources
- Videos and handouts for Family Health Information
- A great collection of mental health handouts and tool for self help. Some of the author’s work is now on www.livestrong.com
- Articles and blogs of personal experience of recovery from head injury
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) self help resources, worksheets and handouts.
- Elsevier Publishing Campus provides free online lectures, interactive courses, advice and resources to help you on your way to publishing a world-class journal paper or book.
- Domestic Abuse and Addiction https://www.drugrehab.com/guides/domestic-abuse/
- Bullying and Substance Abuse: Who it Affects and Why https://www.drugrehab.com/guides/bullying/
- Guidance and information relevant to children with special needs at https://www.cerebralpalsyguidance.com/cerebral-palsy/living/bullying/.
- Information and resources for alcohol treatment and support https://www.alcoholrehabguide.org/treatment/
- Help for people with long-distance grief at https://www.ideasworld.org/blog/dealing-with-death-at-a-distance
- Guide for Funeral Planning from Afar at https://www.lhlic.com/consumer-resources/long-distance-funeral-planning/
- Guide for Grief at Work >http://www.lclark.edu/live/files/5969-grief-at-worka-guide-for-employees-and-managers
- Coping with the Stigma of Grieving an Overdose Death http://www.drugrehab.org/coping-stigma-grieving-overdose-death/
- Resources, Tips, and Discounts on Mobility and Accessibility Products https://dealspotr.com/article/discounts-on-mobility-and-accessibility-products
- Cerebral Palsy Information at birthinjurycenter.org/cerebral-palsy/
- Screen time guide for parents at https://yourgeardeconstructed.com/parents-internet-safety-security-screen-time-guide/
Link Collection from David Garcia: [external Web links]
- Saying Goodbye: Talking to Kids About Death http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/development/social/talking-to-kids-about-death/
- Preparing for the Death of a Terminally-Ill Loved One: What to Expect, and How to Help the Entire Family Move Forward https://www.neptunesociety.com/resources/preparing-for-the-death-of-a-terminally-ill-loved-one
Link Collection from Jill Palmer of mentalwellnesscenter.info : [external Web links]
- Disclosing a Mental Health Condition to Others https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Disclosing-to-Others
- Healing After the Passing of Your Parent: How to Nurture Your Grief Without Drugs or Alcohol http://www.drugrehab.org/healing-without-drugs-alcohol/
- How Parents Can Prevent Drug Abuse http://www.ncpc.org/topics/drug-abuse/alcohol-tobacco-and-other-drugs
- Financial Burdens of Mental Health and Addiction Treatment https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/mentalhealthtreatmentcircle/2014/04/financial-burdens-of-mental-health-and-addiction-treatment/
- The Guide to Keeping Your Home Through Debilitating Disease https://www.mortgagecalculator.org/helpful-advice/keeping-your-home.php
- The Comprehensive Guide to Home Accessibility for People with Disabilities in Recovery https://www.redfin.com/blog/the-comprehensive-guide-to-home-accessibility-for-people-with-disabilities-in-recovery
Links from Kimberly Matthews: [external Web links]
Link Collection from Jennifer Scott: [external Web links]
- Helping Your Child Deal With Death
- Overcoming the Loss of a Child Without Drugs or Alcohol: A Parent’s Guide
- How Grief Can Make You Sick
- Advice for surviving the death of a spouse or partner at a young age
- How to Help an Elderly Parent Deal With the Death of a Spouse
- How to Avoid Family Conflicts after the Death of a Parent
- Coping With the Death of Your Pet
* Sponsored link
- Updated 1-14-23